Jadeveon Clowney Trivia
Jadeveon Clowney News:
Jadeveon Clowney is an American football defensive end for the Houston Texans of the National Football League.
- Jadeveon Clowney graduated from South Pointe High School in Rock Hill, South Carolina
- A unanimous College All-American as a sophomore in 2012, Clowney set South Carolina school records in quarterback sacks (13.0) and tackles for a loss (23.5) per season while also earning Defensive Player of the Year honors in the Southeastern Conference.
- Described by ESPN as “one of those rare game-changers on defense.”
- During his high school career, Clowney was often regarded as the best player in his class. ESPN described him as “a special talent who could have vied for the top spot in several previous classes.”
- In a live broadcast on ESPN on his eighteenth birthday—February 14, 2011—Clowney announced his commitment to South Carolina, selecting the Gamecocks over Clemson, Alabama, Louisiana State, and Florida State.
- Clowney began his junior season as a frontrunner for the Heisman Trophy
- At the NFL Combine in February 2014, Clowney excelled in the 40-yard dash, posting an official time of 4.53 seconds, the fastest among defensive linemen,which caused USA Today calling him “by far the most freakish physical specimen in this draft.”