Serena Williams Trivia
Tennis star Serena Williams Trivia
“I could lose 20 pounds and I’m still going to have these knockers and I’m going to have this ass, and that’s just the way it is.” Quote ~ Serena Williams
- Serena Williams won her sixth Wimbledon on Saturday and 21st Grand Slam overall.
- She, Martina Navratilova, Steffi Graf, Margaret Court, and Maureen Connolly are the only women in tennis history to hold all four Slam singles titles at the same time (2002).
- Serena Williams was the 1999 US Open champion.
- Serena Williams is the youngest of 5 girls.
- Her other sisters are Lyndrea, Isha & Yetunde.
- Daughter of Richard Williams and Oracene Williams.
- Dad Richard is her coach.
- Serena Williams won the 2000 Olympics doubles competition with her sister Venus
- Her scenes of her first movie Black Knight (2001) were cut.
- Among her pets was a Yorkshire terrier by the name of Petey (named after one of her tennis heroes, Pete Sampras), Jackie the Jack Russell Terrier; and Bambi the pitbull.
- Younger sister of Venus Williams.
- Elder sister Yetunde Price was murdered in Compton, California in Fall of 2003
- On 25 January 2003, she won the Australian Open tennis championship, completing the ‘grand slam’ of women’s tennis. “The Serena Slam Completed” was ranked #10 in TV Guide’s list of the “25 Most Awesome Sports Moments (of the last 15 years)”. [17 July 2005 issue]
- She is a certified Fashion Designer and has her own clothing line called “Aneres” which is her name spelled backwards.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $14 million.
- Serena Williams reestablished herself as the dominant force in women’s tennis by winning the Australian Open for the 3rd time. Dominated the world’s top ranked player Maria Sharapova in the final 6-1, 6-2 to win her 8th major championship title. [January 2007]
- Appeared in an infomercial, hosted by Anthony Robbins and Tom Selleck, for “The Tony Robbins Ultimate Edge” system.
- Lives in Palm Beach, Florida with her sister, Venus Williams, and two dogs, Jackie (a Jack Russell terrier) and Lauralie (a Maltese). They became limited partners of the Miami Dolphins.
- Recently won the Sony Ericsson Open for the 4th time in her career. Crushed the tournament’s top seed Maria Sharapova 6-1, 6-1 in the 4th round after Sharapova had defeated older sister Venus Williams. Made a dramatic comeback in the final against newly crowned world number one Justine Henin. Defeated Henin 0-6, 7-5, 6-3 in the final. Continues her remarkable comeback to the top of the tennis rankings. Ascended from 95 in the world last year to number 11 by winning the two biggest titles of the year so far. [March 2007]
- Release of the book, “Venus and Serena Williams: Athletes” by Anne M. Todd.
- Recently won her 7th major title at the Australian Open Came back from match points down to defeat reigning Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova in the semifinals then went on to defeat top seed Lindsay Davenport in the final. [January 2005]
- Serena Williams Appeared in an infomercial, hosted by Vanessa Williams, for “Proactiv Solution” acne medication.
- Has dropped to #6 in the rankings. Has not played in a tennis tournament since July, 2003. She dropped off the tour due to knee injuries, but despite her recent announcement that she is healthy and fit she decided to withdraw from the Australian Open grand slam competition (where she is defending champion) as she continues to pursue TV and film appearances. [February 2004]
- Release of her book, “On the Line” by Serena with Daniel Paisiner.
- Unable to defend Australian Open title (lost in the third round). Missed the French Open and Wimbledon due to injuries and attempted a comeback at the US Open but lost in the 4th round. Only competed in 4 tournaments in 2006. Ranking has dropped to 95 in the world. [September 2006]
- Release of her book, “How to Play Tennis: Learn How to Play Tennis with the Williams Sisters” by Serena and Venus Williams.
- One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World. [April 2014].