Mark Cuban Sports Gossip News and Trivia
Mark Cuban (born July 31, 1958) is an American businessman, investor, and owner of the National Basketball Association’s Dallas Mavericks, Landmark Theatres, and Magnolia Pictures, and the chairman of the HDTV cable network AXS TV.
Mark Cuban is also a “shark” investor on the television series Shark Tank. In 2011 Cuban wrote an e-book, How to Win at the Sport of Business, in which he chronicles his life experiences in business and sports.
Mark Cuban Gossip
Update, 6:06 p.m. ET: Mark Cuban apologized to the family of Trayvon Martin, the slain Florida teenager, for using the phrase “black kid in a hoodie” in an interview about race posted on
Mark Cuban has a Net worth is US$2.6 billion (May 2014)
Mark Cuban Trivia:
- Before Broadcast.com, Mark Cuban founded MicroSolutions, a leading National Systems Integrator, in 1983, and later sold it to CompuServe.
- Mark Cuban bought the Dallas Mavericks basketball team on January 14, 2000.
- Mark Cuban Co-founded Broadcast.com, the leading provider of multimedia and streaming on the Internet, in 1995, selling it to Yahoo! in July of 1999 for more than $5 billion.
- Mark Cuban attempted to buy the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey club in the late 1990s.
- Mark Cuban Was a season ticket holder to the Dallas Mavericks before purchasing the club.
- Founder of digital network HDNet.
- As a publicity stunt, worked at a Dallas area Dairy Queen for a day. His “pay” was donated to charity.
- He and Broadcast.com partner Todd Wagner are large stockholders in Lions Gate Entertainment which produces and distributes motion picture and television programming.
- Mark Cuban been listed on the Forbes 400 Richest Americans list since 2000 with an estimated net worth of 1.3 to 1.9 billion dollars.
- Chairman and co-owner of Magnolia Pictures along with Todd Wagner. Magnolia has distributed “Woman Thou Art Loosed”, “Control Room”, and others.
- Chairman and co-owner of Landmark Theaters along with Todd Wagner.
- Chairman and majority owner of Rysher Entertainment along with Todd Wagner.
- Mark Cuban Is a member of Pi Lambda Phi fraternity.
- In the Team Penske pits for Helio Castroneves during the IndyCar 300.
- Mark Cuban and Castroneves previously were both featured on “Dancing with the Stars”. [Jul 2008]
- While studying at Indiana University in 1980-81, Mark Cuban owned and operated a well-known bar called Motley’s Pub. It was a huge dance place and as was common in that era often held wet T-shirt contests to drum up customers. Mark was famous among employees for trying to come up with unusual drinks to bring in people, particularly females, so there were lots of concoctions of ice cream or cookies mixed with booze.
Related Mark Cuban News: