Glenn Frey Gossip News and Trivia
Glenn Frey was born on November 6, 1948 in Detroit, Michigan, USA as Glenn Lewis Frey. He was married to Cindy Millican and Janie Beggs. He died on January 18, 2016 in New York City, New York, USA.
- Glenn Frey passed away on Jan. 18, 2016.
- Glenn Frey battled ulcerative colitis.
- Glenn Frey was a member of band Eagles.
- Glen Frey was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998 (as a member of The Eagles).
- His 1993 TV show, South of Sunset (1993), was canceled after only one episode.
- Glenn Frey was one of only two members of The Eagles to have been with the band since its creation. The other is Don Henley.
- In current Eagles concerts, Glenn Frey typically sings the song “Take it to The Limit,” which was originally sung by the group’s first bassist, Randy Meisner.
- Glenn Frey was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2000.
- Last name is pronounced “Fry”.
Glenn Frey Personal Quotes
I don’t know that there’s anything missing from rock’n’roll, though. I mean, “Stairway To Heaven” and “Hotel California” and “Yesterday” have kinda become standards now too. The one common thread is that the songs connect with people, they have a certain magic about them that people identify with.
Some people like The Eagles and some people don’t. But we never once did a dishonest day at work, we never faked it, and we know that when we step on stage we do a good job.
I don’t know that I’ve ever heard a single record that had more atmosphere than this Phil Collins track. It’s so cinematic and it’s another one of those records that starts out and it sort of hooks you, and you can’t stop listening and then once he’s got you drawn in then he starts adding things. I love the tension in that record. There’s something sort of unpredictable about it. You don’t quite know what’s going to happen next and of course when the drum fills come in it’s absolutely mind blowing. I always liked the song and then I remember seeing it on an episode of Miami Vice (1984). Don Johnson and his partner driving in one of their cool cars and it’s night time and it’s Miami and they’re headed some place where some bad stuff is gonna go down. And here’s this song playing while they’re cruising through the night streets of Miami. Totally cool. Love Phil Collins.
TOPICS: Music News, Celebrities, Trivia, Glenn Frey
Related Glenn Frey News:
The Eagles’ Glenn Frey dead at 67