The Bachelor Final Episodes
The Bachelor pattern of final episodes:
- The Bachelor visits the home towns and families of each of the four remaining women. At the rose ceremony, one woman is eliminated, leaving three.
- The Bachelor and the three remaining women travel to an exotic location for a series of one-on-one dates. At the conclusion of each date, the bachelor offers the woman the keys to the fantasy suite which allows the two to spend the night together without cameras present. At the rose ceremony, one woman is eliminated, leaving two.
- In a “The Women Tell All” episode, the women who had been eliminated from the show participate in a talk show where they discuss their thoughts and experiences.
- The two remaining women separately meet with the bachelor’s family. At the end of the episode, the bachelor proposes to one of the women by presenting the “final rose”.
- In an “After the Final Rose” episode which immediately follows, the bachelor, the finalist, and the runner-up participate in a talk show. The identity of the next season’s bachelor or bachelorette is often announced at the end of the episode.
A woman may withdraw from the competition at any time if she is no longer interested in the bachelor. On rare occasions, a woman is removed from the show for breaking one of the rules.
The bachelor has wide discretion in choosing how many and when to present the roses. For example, Sean Lowe presented several roses at his initial cocktail party.
It is common to accuse a contestant of not being on the show “for the right reasons”, meaning that her aim is not to establish a relationship with the bachelor, but rather to garner publicity for her own career, induce jealousy in an ex-boyfriend, or simply to get a free trip to exotic locations.