Beauty Glitz and Glamour We’re all about it!
Beauty can be consoling, disturbing, sacred, profane; it can be exhilarating, appealing, inspiring, chilling. It can affect us in an unlimited variety of ways.
Aesthetics and Material Beauty
Quotes About Beauty
- Everything has beαuty, but not everyone sees it. – Confucius
- I find beαuty in unusual things, like hanging your head out the window or sitting on a fire escape. – Scarlett Johansson
- The beαuty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beαuty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beαuty of a woman grows with the passing years. – Audrey Hepburn
- Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beαuty is art. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beαuty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror. – Khalil Gibran
- Of life’s two chief prizes, beαuty and truth, I found the first in a loving heart and the second in a laborer’s hand. – Khalil Gibran
- As we grow old, the beαuty steals inward. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are.
- – Markus Zusak, I am the Messenger
- What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful. – Scott Westerfeld, Uglies
- It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness. – Leo Tolstoy, The Kreutzer Sonata
- Beαuty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone. – Dorothy Parker
- Just because you’re beautiful and perfect, it’s made you conceited. – William Goldman, The Princess Bride
- There is no exquisite beαuty… without some strangeness in the proportion. – Edgar Allan Poe
- Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beαuty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old. – Franz Kafka
- A thing of beαuty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness.
- – John Keats, Endymion
- Where beαuty was, nothing ever ran quite straight, which, no doubt, was why so many people looked on it as immoral. – John Galsworthy, The Forsyte Saga
- Beαuty can be consoling, disturbing, sacred, profane; it can be exhilarating, appealing, inspiring, chilling. It can affect us in an unlimited variety of ways. Yet it is never viewed with indifference: beαuty demands to be noticed; it speaks to us directly like the voice of an intimate friend. If there are people who are indifferent to beauty, then it is surely because they do not perceive it. – Roger Scruton,
- Judge nothing by the appearance. The more beautiful the serpent, the more fatal its sting. – William Scott Downey, Proverbs
- Beαuty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye. – Miss Piggy, The Muppets
- Beauty is certainly a soft, smooth, slippery thing, and therefore of a nature which easily slips in and permeates our souls. – Plato, Lysis
- Beαuty is but a lease from nature. – Edward Counsel, Maxims
- Natural beαuty takes at least two hours in front of a mirror. – Pamela Anderson
- Beαuty is bought by judgement of the eye. – William Shakespeare, Love’s Labours Lost, Act 2, Scene 1
- Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Our hearts are drunk with a beauty our eyes could never see. – George W. Russell
- Beauty is not in the face; beαuty is a light in the heart. – Kahlil Gibran
- We live only to discover beαuty. All else is a form of waiting. – Kahlil Gibran
- That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful. – Ninon de L’Enclos
- Beauty is truth’s smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror. – Rabindranath Tagore
- Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty – they merely move it from their faces into their hearts. – Martin Buxbaum
- In every man’s heart there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty. – Christopher Morley
- Beauty always promises, but never gives anything. – Simone Weil
- I don’t like standard beauty – there is no beauty without strangeness. – Karl Lagerfeld
- Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God’s handwriting – a wayside sacrament. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beαuty and folly are generally companions. – Baltasar Gracian
- Plainness has its peculiar temptations quite as much as beαuty. – George Eliot
- Do I love you because you’re beautiful,
Or are you beautiful because I love you?
- – Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella
- Wisdom is the abstract of the past, but beauty is the promise of the future. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Beαuty is the shadow of God on the universe. – Gabriela Mistral, Desolacíon
- You can take no credit for beαuty at sixteen. But if you are beautiful at sixty, it will be your soul’s own doing. – Marie Stopes
- Beαuty – in projection and perceiving – is 99.9% attitude. – Grey Livingston
- I’m tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas? – Jean Kerr, The Snake Has All the Lines
- Taking joy in living is a woman’s best cosmetic. – Rosalind Russell
- Beαuty isn’t worth thinking about; what’s important is your mind. You don’t want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head. – Garrison Keillor
- Beαuty? To me it is a word without sense because I do not know where its meaning comes from nor where it leads to. – Pablo Picasso
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
- No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly. – Oscar Wilde
- People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within. – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- Beαuty, more than bitterness, makes the heart break. – Sara Teasdale
- Beαuty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical. – Sophia Loren