Trace Adkins Trivia
Tracy Darrell “Trace” Adkins is an American country music artist and actor.
Trace Adkins, made his debut in 1995 with the album Dreamin’ Out Loud, released on Capitol Records Nashville. Wikipedia
Trace Adkins Trivia:
- 1997: Academy of Country Music voted him its top new male vocalist and Country Weekly magazine proclaimed him favorite male newcomer.
- Has two daughters from a previous marriage (to Barbara Lewis), Tarah Adkins (b. 1983) & Sarah Adkins (b. 1985), as well as three daughters from his current marriage (to Rhonda Adkins), Mackenzie Adkins (b. 1998), Brianna Adkins (b. 2001) and Trinity Adkins (b. 2004).
- His first single, “There’s a Girl in Texas” made it into the Top 20 in 1996
- March 1997: His first album, “Dreamin’ Out Loud”, was certified gold (for sales of 500,000 copies) and platinum (for sales of a million) six months later.
- He got his big break while singing at Tillie’s & Lucy’s Pub in Nashville, when he was spotted by the president of Capitol Records’ country division and quickly signed to a recording contract.
- His second wife, Julie, shot him during a domestic dispute in 1994. The bullet went through both lungs and both lower chambers of his heart. Trace believes he survived because his home was so close to a trauma rated hospital. He never pressed charges against his now ex-wife.
- Life member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans in the Louisiana Division.
- His home in Brentwood, Tennessee was completely destroyed by a fire on June 4, 2011.
- His daughter, Tara Adkins, gave birth to a boy, Jackson Trace Webber, on June 6, 2012, weighing in at 7 lbs. 3 oz.
- Was the Celebrity winner of The Apprentice (2004) in 2013.
- Supporter of the American Red Cross.
- Became a member of The Grand Ole Opry August 23, 2003. Was invited by Little Jimmy Dickens.
- Release of his book, “A Personal Stand: Observations and Opinions From a Freethinking Roughneck” by Trace with Keith and Kent Zimmerman.