Tori Spelling Trivia
ABOUT Tori Spelling: Victoria Davey “Tori” Spelling (born May 16, 1973) is an American actress and author. Her first major role was Donna Martin on Beverly Hills, 90210 in 1990.
She appeared in a string of made-for-television films, such as A Friend to Die For (1994) and Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? (1996).
Spelling also rose to prominence through independent films such as The House of Yes (1997), Trick (1999) and Cthulhu (2007). She reprised her prominent role in the spinoff, 90210, in 2009.
Her autobiography, Tori Spelling, debuted on top of the New York Times Best Seller list and was named the best celebrity autobiography of 2009.
Divorced from playwright Charlie Shanian, Spelling is married to Dean McDermott. They have four children.
Children: Finn Davey McDermott, Hattie Margaret McDermott, Stella Doreen McDermott, Liam Aaron McDermott
- Graduated from Harvard-Westlake School, a high school in Los Angeles.
- (December 27, 2005) Engaged to her Mind Over Murder (2006) co-star, Dean McDermott.
- Her name Tori means ‘Bird’ in Japanese.
- Ranked #23 in VH1 100 Greatest Teen Stars (2006).
- Tori wore a $50,000 Badgley Mischka crystal-beaded gown in her July 2004 wedding to Charlie Shahnaian.
- Was among the guests at the weddings of former Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990) co-stars Jason Priestley to Naomi Lowde-Priestley and Tiffani Thiessen to Brady Smith. 
- Farrah Fawcett was a neighbor for ten years when they lived in the same apartment building.
- Eloped with Dean McDermott to a private island in Fiji on May 7, 2006.
- Reconciled with her mother Candy just days before her first child was born. The two had troubles with each other after criticizing each other in public.
- Mentioned in the rap-rock song Mope by Bloodhound Gang, along with personalities like Luciano Pavarotti, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Falco, Bo Jackson and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- Said she took a course on-line to become an ordained minister [July 10, 2007].
- Goddaughter of Barbara Stanwyck and Dean Martin.
- Tori chose Liam’s middle name of Aaron, to honor her late father and Hattie’s middle name Margaret, after her childhood nanny. Her husband Dean chose Stella’s middle name of Doreen, to honor his late mother. Their youngest child, Finn, takes his middle name from Tori and her paternal grandfather.
- Her dog, Mimi La Rue, died on June 17, 2008 of natural causes at age 11.
- Lives in Encino, California.
- Accidentally crashed her car into a school building, trying to avoid the paparazzi, while taking her kids to school on June 13, 2011. She and her kids came away with no serious injuries.
- Tori has four children with her husband, Dean McDermott. Liam Aaron, born March 13, 2007, weighing 6 lbs. 6 oz., Stella Doreen, born June 9, 2008, weighing 6 lbs. 8 oz., Hattie Margaret, born October 10, 2011, weighing 6 lbs. 14 oz. and Finn Davey, born August 30, 2012, weighing 6 lbs. 6 oz., at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, all by C-section (Liam was an emergency C-section).
- Was on bed rest throughout most of her fourth pregnancy and later had emergency surgery due to complications from her last C-section.
- She has played the same character (Donna Martin) on three different series: Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990), Melrose Place (1992) and 90210 (2008).
- Her parents were both from Jewish families (from Poland and Russia on her father’s side, and from Hungary, Germany, and Poland on her mother’s side).