Shane Warne Trivia
Shane Warne was born on September 13, 1969 in Ferntree Gully, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia as Shane Keith Warne.
Shane Warne is an Australian former international cricketer widely regarded as one of the greatest bowlers in the history of the game. He was named Wisden Cricketers of the Year in 1994 Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack.
He is the Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World 1997 (Notional Winner).He was named Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World for the year 2004 in 2005 Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack. I
n 2000, he was selected by a panel of cricket experts as one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the Century, the only specialist bowler selected in the quintet and the only one still playing at the time. He is also a cricket commentator and a professional poker player. He officially retired from all formats in July 2013.
He is an actor, known for Channel Nine Cricket (1979), Sky Sports Cricket (1990) and A Question of Sport (1970). He was previously married to Simone Warne.
Related News: Shane Warne
Shane Warne Trivia:
- Professional cricket player for Australia.
- Banned from playing cricket for Australia for one year, after being discovered to have taken illegal diuretics. [February 2003]
- Brother, Jason Warne, is his manager.
- According to many, revitalized the art of spin bowling when it was fading away in the face of hard-hitting forms of the game of cricket.
- Member of Australia’s cricket team (1991-2003).
- One of Wisden’s Cricketers of the Century.
- Was the second bowler to take 500 test wickets. The first was ‘Courtney Walsh’ from the West Indies.
- During the Third Test of the Ashes tour of England in 2005, he became the first bowler to take 600 Test wickets.
- Father, with Simone Warne, of three children: Brooke Warne, Jackson Warne, Summer Warne.
- Very close friends with English cricketer Kevin Pieterson.
- Engaged to Elizabeth Hurley [October 2, 2011].
Shane Warne Personal Quotes:
- All my coaches tell me that I have been under achieving.
- Four hundred wickets is 400 more than I thought I’d get.
- I just play because I love playing and I try and take as many wickets as I can.
- I think when two people get together, their past is their past. Their reputations are reputations. You can only take someone the way you find them… on face value. I think that was how we were both, the way we were.
- The first thing is to be patient, which is probably the hardest thing to do. Don’t worry if blokes are whacking you out of the park because you still have the opportunity to get him out next ball, even if it’s not the same ball.