Pharrell Williams Gossip and Trivia
Pharrell Williams (born April 5, 1973), also known simply as Pharrell, is an American singer-songwriter, rapper, record producer, musician, and fashion designer. Williams and Chad Hugo make up the record production duo The Neptunes, producing soul, hip hop and R&B music. He is also the lead vocalist and drummer of rock, funk, and hip hop band N.E.R.D, which he formed with Hugo and childhood friend Shay Haley. He released his first single “Frontin'” in 2003 and followed up with his debut solo album In My Mind in 2006. His second album, Girl was released on March 3, 2014.
As part of The Neptunes, Pharrell Williams has produced numerous hit singles for various recording artists. Williams has earned seven Grammy Awards including two with The Neptunes. He currently owns a media venture that encompasses entertainment, music, fashion, and art called i am OTHER. He is also the co-founder of the clothing brands Billionaire Boys Club and Ice Cream.
You treat the air as a canvas and the paint is the chords that come through your fingers, out of the keyboard.” QUOTE~Pharrell Williams
Pharrell Williams Trivia:
- The Neptunes have a record label under Arista Records called Star Trak Entertainment.
- Lead vocalist of the hip hop group N.E.R.D. (No One Ever really Dies) along with Neptunes partner Chad Hugo and rapper Shay.
- (Summer 2002) N.E.R.D. does a small tour of the U.S. at clubs, parks, and other small venues.
- One half of The Neptunes, one of the biggest music producing teams working today. Has produced hits for music acts ranging from pop acts Britney Spears and *NSYNC, bands No Doubt and Limp Bizkit, R&B crooners Babyface and Usher, to rappers Nelly, Jay-Z, Ray J, Noreaga, Busta Rhymes, Mystikal, P. Diddy, Ludacris, Ma$e, and Fabolous among many others.
- Pharrell Williams Grew up in Virginia Beach with lifelong friend and producing partner Chad Hugo.
- Attended Princess Anne High School in Virginia Beach. Teddy Riley built his studio Future Records next to Princess Anne HS.
- Parents: Pharoah and Carolyn Williams
- Has 2 younger brothers, Cato and Psolomon. Cato Williams is a professional skateboarder. There is a 10 year age difference between Pharrell and Cato and a 20 year age difference between Pharrell and Psolomon.
- Pharrell Williams has two half brothers, Pharoah and David. David is a furniture salesmen in Delaware.
- Was among the guests at Usher Raymond’s 26th birthday party.
- Has his own clothing line name BBC (billionare boys club)
- Pharrell Williams Collabarated with Gwen Stefani, Jay-Z, Slim Thug, Snoop Dogg, Pusha T, Kanye West and Nelly on his debut solo album In My Mind
- Pharrell Williams has a line of Shoes and T-Shirts called Ice-Cream.
- Was a guest at Usher’s 26th birthday party.
- His debut album ‘In My Mind’ was nominated for Best Rap Album at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards in 2007. He was beaten by Ludacris’ album ‘Release Therapy’.
- He Established his own clothing line, the Billionaire Boys Club (BBC), in collaboration with Nigo, who is best known for his brand A Bathing Ape (also known as BAPE). Billionaire Boys Club is also based in line with Ice Cream Footwear, a brand of shoe designed by Pharrell Williams and produced by Reebok.
- Pharrell Williams as modeled for Louis Vuitton (2006).
- Voted The Best Dressed Man in the World by Esquire 2005.
- Established a jewelery line through Louis Vuitton called Blason with Camille Miceli.
- In 2012, became engaged to model and fashion designer Helen Lasichanh.
- Performed his new single “Can i have it like that?” at Nordic Music Awards in Copenhagen, Denmark [October 2005]
- Released his debut solo album, ‘In My Mind’, on July 25th. [July 2006]