Keith Urban Gossip News and Trivia
Keith Urban was born on October 26, 1967 in Whangarei, North Island, New Zealand as Keith Lionel Urban. He has been married to Nicole Kidman since June 25, 2006. They have two children.
“My goal was always to get to Nashville. And I sort of made the decision that I could stay in Australia and keep building my career. But the minute you go to Nashville, you start all over again anyway. So if I’m going to starve, and pay my dues in Nashville, let’s go. Let’s start it now and not in five or 10 years.”
Quote ~ Keith Urban
Keith Urban Trivia:
- Before venturing forth as a solo country music artist, was a member of the mid- 1990s country band called “The Ranch.”
- Scored his first No. 1 hit on Billboard magazine’s Country Singles and Tracks chart with “But for the Grace of God” in February 2001.
- Posed in the April 2001 edition of Playgirl.
- Pet Peeves: People who don’t look you in the eye when they shake your hand and leave lint in the lint filter or a dryer. And people who show you a bunch of photographs and half of them are out of focus.
- He became the first Kiwi to win the CMA Male vocalist of the Year in 2004.
- First paying non-music job: at a concert lighting company.
- Influences: Glen Campbell, Jimmy Webb, Don Williams, Mark Knopfler, Freddie Mercury, Fleetwood Mac, Jackson Browne, Don Henley, Ronnie Milsap and Dolly Parton.
- Instruments he can play: Guitar, bass guitar, drums, keyboard, ganjo (a 6 string banjo), sitar, & piano
- He was raised in Australia. He moved with his parents and brother to Brisbane, Queensland when he was 2. They later moved to Caboolture, about 1 hour north of Brisbane.
- 2005 Country Music Association Entertainer of the Year.
- Was accompanied by his girlfriend Nicole Kidman to the Grammy Awards in 2006. It was their first public appearance together.
- Became the first artist to win Male Vocalist of the Year (2004, 2005), Entertainer of the Year (2005) and the Horizon Award (2001) at the Country Music Association Awards
- Engaged to Nicole Kidman.
- Brother-in-law of Antonia Kidman.
- He and Nicole Kidman honeymooned in Taihiti
- He and Nicole Kidman asked their wedding guests not to buy any presents but to donate the money instead to some humanitarian organization.
- 230 guests attended his wedding to Nicole Kidman. Among them were Naomi Watts, Russell Crowe, Baz Luhrmann,Jane Campion, Hugh Jackman and Nicole’s two children Isabella and Conor.Jim Carrey was also invited and greatly wanted to come, in fact he booked plane tickets to Australia, but last minute scheduling conflicts stopped him from going.
- Married Nicole Kidman in the St. Patrick’s church in Manly, a suburb of Sydney
- Stepfather of Nicole Kidman’s children: Isabella Cruise and Connor Cruise.
- His wedding ceremony lasted 35 minutes
- Ammong the guests at his wedding to Nicole Kidman were Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Baz Luhrmann and Naomi Watts.
- At his bachelor party, when asked by the Australian press about his feelings on his upcoming nuptials to Nicole Kidman the next morning, he replied “I’m ready!”.
- At his wedding to Nicole Kidman, his brother, Shane Urban, was his best man. Marlon Holden was his groomsman.
- Sang his hit song “Making Memories of Us” to his wife at their wedding reception.
- Checked himself into a rehabilitation treatment center of alcohol abuse [October 19, 2006].
- Antonia Kidman was one of the bridesmaids at his wedding to Nicole Kidman.
- Hugh Jackman sang “Tenterfield Saddler”, a favorite of Urbans’s and Neil Finn sang “Fall At Your Feet” and Baz Luhrmann read a love Psalm by New Zealand writer Joy Cowley at Keith’s wedding to Nicole Kidman.
- Uncle of Antonia Kidman’s children Lucia, Hamish and James.
- Keith purchased a farm in Leipers Fork on September 27, 2007.
- Has two daughters, with wife Nicole Kidman, Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, born on July 7, 2008 and Faith Margaret Kidman Urban, born December 28, 2010 (via a surrogate) in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Diagnosed with a slipped disc [August 26, 2008].