Beyonce Gossip and Trivia
- Beyonce was the lead singer of the singing group Destiny’s Child.
Destiny’s Child was an American R&B girl group whose final, and perhaps most recognizable, line-up comprised Beyoncé Knowles, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams. Formed in 1990 in Houston, Texas, Destiny’s Child members began their musical endeavors as Girl’s Tyme comprising, among others, Knowles, Rowland, LaTavia Roberson and LeToya Luckett.
- Toured with Christina Aguilera as her opening act. (2000)
- Beyonce toured with TLC as their opening act (1999)
- Has a cat named Master P
- Attended The High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Houston, Texas.
- Older sister of singer Solange Knowles.
- Beyonce once appeared on “Star Search”.
In 1993, when she was 12 years old, Beyoncé Knowles took the Star Search stage with five other girls as part of the act Girls Tyme and performed a breathy song and dance routine.
- In 2001 Beyonce became the first African-American woman to ever win the ASCAP Pop Songwriter of the Year Award.
- Is a fan of Middle Eastern music and dance.
- Her biggest hit to date is song “Crazy in Love.”. 
- The Radio Music Awards, MTV Europe Video Music Awards and Billboard Awards are among the awards shows she has performed on in 2003. She also performed at a South African AIDS benefit show in November 2003, organized by Bono of U2 to combat the AIDS epidemic in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Won 5 Grammys, including Best Contemporary R & B Album for “Dangerously In Love”, she took home the most awards for this year’s (2004) show. [8 February 2004]
- Her father is of African-American descent and her mother is of Louisiana Creole (African, French, and smaller amounts of Irish and Spanish) ancestry.
- Has been quoted as saying that to get over her shyness she developed a stage persona named “Sasha”.
- Was voted number 1 on VH1’s 100 Hottest Hotties
- Her favorite rapper is Wyclef Jean.
- She and Jay-Z are buying a house in Miami as well as in London, England.
- Daughter of Mathew Knowles and Tina Knowles.
- Ranked #7 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” (2002).
- Aunt of Daniel Julez J. Smith, son of her sister, Solange Knowles and her husband, Daniel.
- Sister-in-law of football player, Daniel Smith.
- Her name came from her mother’s maiden name.
- Attended Welch Middle School in Houston, Texas.
- Sang three of the five Oscar-nominated songs at “The 77th Annual Academy Awards”, including one completely in French. 
- One of People Magazine’s “50 Most beautiful People” for most wanted lips (2004)
- She and the other members of Destiny’s Child announced that they will disband after their tour ends in the fall. [June 13th 2005]
- Beyonce was ranked #1 on E!’s 50 Steamiest Southern Stars
- Along with Nicole Richie, Veronica Webb, Kelly Osbourne, Angie Everhart, Alexandra Richards, Irina Pantaeva, Marisa Miller, Wyclef Jean, Rachel Hunter, Naomi Campbell, and Janice Dickinson, she participated in the “Fashion for Relief” show on 16 September, 2005 in New York, a benefit for AmeriCares to support victims for Hurricane Katrina. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale were among the celebrities who attended.
- Beyonce attended the same high school Seattle Supersonic Rashard Lewis attended.