Kate Middleton Gossip and Trivia
Royal Gossip News Kate Middleton
Kate Middleton, Catherine Elizabeth Middleton was born at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, United Kingdom. She is the oldest of three children with a younger sister, Philippa (“Pippa”) Charlotte and a younger brother, James William.
Her mother Carole worked as a flight attendant while her father Michael worked as a flight dispatcher; both for the British Airways. They married on the 21st June 1980 and founded ‘Party Pieces’, a successful mail order company that sells party supplies and decorations in 1987.
Catherine and her family moved to Amman in Jordan in 1984 where her father worked for the British Airways for two and a half years. Catherine and her sister, Philippa, attended a nursery school in Jordan.
In 1986, Catherine and her family returned to their home in West Berkshire, United Kingdom, where she started St. Andrew’s School in Pangbourne and remained there until 1995. Catherine went on to Marlborough College Wiltshire, where she studied Chemistry, Biology and Art at A-level. She also took part in sporty activities such as tennis, hockey, netball and athletics.
At the age of 18, Catherine undertook a gap year, where she studied at the British Institute in Florence, Italy and participated in a Raleigh International programme in Chile. She also joined as a crew member on Round the World Challenge Boats in the Solent.
In 2001, Catherine enrolled at the University of Saint Andrews in Fife, Scotland and graduated in 2005 with a 2:1 in History of Art. During her time at university, she continued her interest in sport by playing hockey for the university team. It was at university where Catherine met her future husband, Prince William of Wales.
Since she completed her university degree, Catherine worked for her parents company, Party Pieces, as well as a part-time buyer in Jigsaw Junior in London.
In October 2010, during a private holiday in Kenya, her long term boyfriend, Prince William of Wales, proposed with his mother’s engagement ring. The engagement was publicly announced on the 16th November 2010 at a press conference and photocall in the State Rooms of St. James Palace in London. A pre-recorded TV interview with the couple followed.
They married on the 29th April 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London and Catherine was formally titled The Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, and Baroness Carrickfergus.
The Duchess of Cambridge has been branded a style icon with many of her outfits selling out. Ranked #8 on Tatler’s list of best dressed women in 2007. Vanity Fair named her #1 Best Dressed in 2010, 2011, and 2012, while UK Harper’s Bazaar named her #1 Best Dressed in 2011.
Her hobbies include recreational sports such as hill walking, tennis, swimming, sailing, and the arts such as photography and painting.
The Duchess of Cambridge is patron of Action on Addiction and the National Portrait Gallery, and royal patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices and The Art Room. She is also a volunteer with the Scout Association.
Kate Middleton Trivia:
- Was christened at the parish church of St. Andrew’s Bradfield, Berkshire, on June 20, 1982 – the day before the birth of her future husband, Prince William Windsor.
- Is a distant cousin of Prince William Windsor and Prince Harry Windsor; she is their fifteenth cousin.
- Was the first royal bride, to a future King of England, to live with her boyfriend before marriage. Catherine and Prince William began living together during their university years and again prior to their engagement.
- Was called “Waity Katie” by the press, prior to her engagement, due to her long courtship with Prince William Windsor of Wales.
- Catherine and her family lived in a modest home in the village of Bradfield Southend in Berkshire before moving to a bigger home in Upper Bucklebury in Berkshire when Catherine was 13 years old.
- Was the oldest royal bride, to a future King of England, to walk down the aisle at the age of 29.
- Gained a Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award at Marlborough College which involved a four day hike.
- Excels in sports, especially field hockey, tennis and skiing.
- Aged 8, she became a Brownie with the 1st St Andrews pack in Pangbourne, Berkshire.
- It was rumored that at Marlborough College Kate had a poster of her future husband, Prince William, on her wall. But she has quashed speculation by revealing in their engagement interview that it was in fact the “Levi’s guy” who adorned her dorm room.
- Descended from a family of solicitors and landed gentry on her father’s side and butchers, plasterers, road sweepers and domestic servants on her mother’s side.
- The Swiss ski resort of Verbier is one of Kate and William’s favourite haunts.
- The gastropub The Pig’s Ear in Chelsea is one of Kate’s favorite restaurants.
- The first wife of a monarch who is a university graduate.
- The sixth Royal with the name Catherine.
- The first non-aristocrat to marry a future king of England since the Duke of York married Maid Annie Hyde in 1660.
- Loves the countryside.
- Time Magazine voted her one of The 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- She met Prince William in 2001 at the University of St. Andrews, where she earned a master’s degree in art history.
- Prince William paid $200 to see her walk down the runway in a bikini just a few months after they met.
- She was included in Vanity Fair’s 2008 Best Dressed List, and in 2012 they named her Headwear Person of the Year. She was #1 on Vanity Fair’s annual Best Dressed lists in 2010, 2011 and in 2012. They also featured her on the cover for all three years.
- She has a younger sister, Philippa Pippa Middleton (born in 1983), who also has achieved some publicity following her wedding. Their younger brother, James Middleton (born in 1987), dropped out of college and owns his own cake business.
- She played field hockey as a child.
- She has a dog named Lupo.
- She worked for Jigsaw.
- She was awarded the accolade of Best Celebrity Smile in May 2012 after placing first in a poll by Bupa.
- Daughter of Michael Middleton and Carole Middleton.
- Dressed up like Cheryl Cole on her hen night and even learned one of her dance routines; Cheryl was very flattered. She met Cheryl at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Concert.
- One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World (2013).
- (April 29, 2011) Married her on-off boyfriend of 10 years Prince William Windsor following a 6-month-long engagement.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 31, a son Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridgeon July 22, 2013. Child’s father is her husband, Prince William Windsor.