Amanda Bynes: Amanda Laura Bynes was born on April 3, 1986, in Thousand Oaks, California. She’s an American actress and fashion designer. She rose to prominence in the late 1990s and early 2000s on the Nickelodeon series All That and The Amanda Show.
Her mother Lynn Bynes is a dental assistant, and her father Richard Bynes, a dentist. She is the youngest of three children. Her sister’s name is Jillian and her brother Tommy is a chiropractor.
Amanda Bynes News: These stories and more here
Caleb “I’m Not Engaged”
Amanda Bynes Claims she’s Engaged NOT!
Sam Lutfi Helps Amanda Bynes Parents
More about Amanda Bynes
- Amanda Bynes was a straight-A student.
- Amanda Bynes mother’s family lives in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Amanda Bynes father is from Chicago, Illinois.
- Has two dogs: Tootsie Roll (golden labrador) and Betty Boop (Australian shepherd); three cats, Subbie, Dubbie and Tiger; and a fish named Bella.
- Her brother Tommy was a student at Thousand Oaks High School.
- At the age of 7, Amanda Bynes had been in community plays starring in “Annie” at the Camarillo Youth Center. Her first rave reviews appeared when a reviewer from Ventura Star newspaper called her “sensational” as Scout in “To Kill a Mockingbird” (at the Arts Council Center in Thousand Oaks) and “even more impressive” in the lead as Mary in “The Secret Garden” (at the Conejo Players Theater).
- Her father attended USC.
- Had a lemon tree in her family’s backyard.
- Amanda Bynes graduated from Thousand Oaks High, Class of 2004.
- Has about eight Juicy Couture outfits (2003).
- Amanda Bynes was ranked #33 on the E! 50 Cutest Child Stars: All Grown Up (2005)
- She currently (2006) drives a 2005 white Lexus SC430.
- Amanda Bynes currently (2006) lives in an apartment in Hollywood, California with her dog Midge.
- Her inspirations came from Bette Midler and Lucille Ball.
- Amanda Bynes is good friends with Frankie Muniz, Kellan Rhude and Hairspray (2007) co-star Zac Efron.
- She donated many items to Rocky Stone to be given to less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign.
- Has her own clothing line, “dear by Amanda Bynes”, in conjunction with Steve and Barry’s chain of stores.
- Enjoys fashion design and drawing; presented David Letterman with a portrait she had painted of him.
- Trained by Arsenio Hall and Richard Pryor at a comedy camp she attended.
- Amanda Bynes was ranked #46 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 women of 2008 list.
- Favorite comedic actress is Lucille Ball. Numerous times, has been compared to Lucille due to her expertise slapstick routines displayed in her shows and movies. Once in the show All That (1994), she did a sketch that parodied Lucille Ball’s famous show I Love Lucy (1951), playing Lucy.
- Announced via Twitter that she is retiring her acting career in June 2010 and then retracted it in August the same year, although she hasn’t yet made a comeback.
- Her father is of Irish and Polish descent. Her mother’s family is Ashkenazi Jewish (they immigrated from Russia and Romania).
- Amanda Bynes was voted No. 30 on the 2011 Maxim list “Hot 100” women.
- The first concert Amanda Bynes ever attended was Britney Spears’.
- After clipping the back of a L.A. County Sheriff’s car in West Hollywood on April 6, 2012, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI). Was later released on $5,000 bail.
- Has been charged with two counts of hit and run on September 4, 2012 in Los Angeles.
- Was bridesmaid on her older sister Jillian Bynes’ wedding on July 26, 2008. The sisters are estranged now because of Amanda’s lifestyle.
- Amanda Bynes was diagnosed with Schizophrenia after being placed on an involuntary 72-hour 5150 psychiatric hold. The mental health evaluation was later extended.
- Was considered for the role of Jess in New Girl. The part went to Zooey Deschanel.
- Announced via Twitter she was retiring from acting. [June 2010]
- Currently filming episodes of her show What I Like About You (2002) and going on different talk shows. She was also nominated for two Kids’ Choice Awards for the 17th Annual KCA Awards, scheduled for her 18th birthday. [January 2004]
- Co-hosts The View (1997) on May 6 and 7th… Also will soon start filming She’s the Man (2006) for DreamWorks Pictures. [May 2005]
- Shooting the cover of “Seventeen” magazine. [March 2008]
- Amanda Bynes graduated from Thousand Oaks High School. [June 2004]
- Filming Love Wrecked (2005). [July 2004]
- Is taping season 3 of What I Like About You (2002). [September 2004]
- Filming Sydney White (2007).
- Amanda Bynes starred as “Penny Pingleton” in the upcoming remake of Hairspray (2007). [August 2006]
- Launching a new fashion line called “Dear by Amanda Bynes”. [August 2007]
- Filming Hairspray (2007).
- Her mother is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family and her father is of Irish and Polish descent.
Follow Amanda Bynes on TWITTER
Amands Bynes INSTAGRAM